Couponers United

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How To Handle Coupon Rejection

Share
I'm sure all of us have had coupon issues at least once. Either the coupon beeps, won't scan at all, or the cashier is not coupon friendly or maybe coupon knowledgeable. Sometimes, the cashier doesn't know the stores coupon policy (this happends often when trying to "stack" a store with a manufacturer). So, what to do?



Here is what I do when I know I am using the coupon right.

1) I ask the cashier to try the coupon again if it beeps. If it beeps again, I will show the cashier the wording on the coupon and explain why it is the right coupon for the right product and ask her if she will push it through. If that doesn't work....

2) Ask for a manager. Sometimes, just asking for a manager works and your cashier will be more helpful. If your cashier is not understanding the "stacking" of coupons, ask for a manager.

3) If the manager is NOT helpful or is refusing to help you, ask him/her nicely for the corporate number and the store managers name. Many times, this will cause your manager to let you use your coupon "just this time" lol. Sometimes, it won't and you will have to follow through and contact corporate.

4) Call corporate asap. I have called from a store before, I have called from my car, and I have waited til I got home too. With Walgreens, I always send an email. I used to also send emails to Publix, but after my 3rd email the store manager asked me to call him directly with any issues. :)

***Another hint. GET TO KNOW YOUR STORE MANAGEMENT AND CASHIERS***
this is so helpful. Have a conversation about their coupon policy BEFORE you have an issue. Get it in writing if you need to and carry their policy with you. If you have a store that always gives issues, find another store if you can. I have 2 AWESOME Publix's that I go to b/c I know their policy backward & forward. I have 1 Walgeens that I LOVE (there is one manager that I avoid, but the other 3 are awesome!)

Im always nice. I have gotten mad, yes, but I'm always as nice as possible to keep up a good relationship with my fave stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment